I wanted to make healthy treats to deliver to some of my favorite brand contacts in town, so I found this awesome Five-Ingredient Protein Bars recipe from Chew Out Loud. Amy from COL says…
These 5-ingredient Protein Bars are super easy, packed with good nutrition, and perfect for breakfast or snack on the run. Plus, they are a no-bake recipe! This one’s a keeper.
RATING = GREAT! COULDN’T GET EASIER. TASTY AND DENSE NUTRITION.
1) Yields pan 8×8 inches.
2) Measure protein powder with stand cups – not the scoop that comes inside the tub. 🙂
3) I topped with dark chocolate chips instead of a drizzle.
4) Mine did turn out a little gooey. May add unsweetened coconut shavings for solidifying next time.
- 1/2 cup milk (I use whole)
- 1 cup natural chunky peanut butter
- 2-3 T honey, plus more to taste
- 1 1/4 cups vanilla (or chocolate) whey protein powder
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (uncooked)
- Optional: melted dark chocolate for drizzling
- In a medium heavy pot, combine milk, peanut butter and desired amount of honey over low heat. Stir just until all ingredients are well combined and warmed through.
- Add protein powder and oats. Stir to combine well. (If mixture is too thick to stir, simply add a bit more milk.)
- Lightly grease an 8×8 pan. Press mixture evenly into pan, using enough pressure to compress mixture into desired bar thickness.
- Allow bars to cool completely.
- Cut into squares. If desired, drizzle with melted chocolate and let cool. Wrap in airtight container and store at moderate room temp for up to a week.